WHERE TO STUDY ORTHOTICS & PROSTHETICS
There are currently two universities of Technology in South Africa where you can study Medical Orthotics & Prosthetics:
- Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) – Pretoria, Gauteng Province
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) – Durban, Kwazulu Natal Province
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) – Pretoria
Durban University of Technology (DUT) – Durban
Ms Mariëtte Schmidt
(Co-ordinator Medical Orthotics & Prosthetics )
Tel: (012) 382 4794
Ms Sunett van Tonder
Tel: (012) 382 5925
Mr Bruce Nothling
(Head of Department Medical Orthotics & Prosthetics )
Tel: (031) 373 2035
Ms Nosipho Thabethe
Tel: (031) 3736723
Benefits of being a SAOPA Student member
As a SAOPA Student member, you will have access to a number of benefits, including:
- Meet people who pursue your same interest, face similar challenges, and derive satisfaction from overcoming those challenges.
- CPD/CEU compliance management function
- Expertise. The Association is host to a community of experts to assist and support.
- Industry News Updates through the Newsletter, Events list, Twitter and Website
- ISPO SA membership preferential rate
- Network of colleagues. Membership provides opportunities to communicate with practitioners from all over the world. You can create your own personal network of colleagues and advisors by becoming a member.
- Recognition and advocacy. The Association combines its efforts with other organizations to fight for legislation and regulations that are fair to the practitioner and benefit the patient.
- Shared values. The Association comprises of individuals who believe that O&P services help patients with special, unique needs.
- The association is a CPD/CEU accreditor enabling an accessible platform to create opportunities to develop and maintain skills and knowledge through the program